3X3 HUSTLE PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
This privacy collection notice covers the National Basketball League Pty Ltd ABN 65 164 187 937 and Australia 3×3 Hustle Pty Ltd ABN 71 464 229 202 and its associates, related bodies corporate, related entities and subsidiaries (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘NBL’ and ‘3x3Hustle’).
You should also read the 3x3Hustle Terms and Conditions accessible at www.3x3hustle.com/terms-and-conditions/, which will also apply to your use of the 3x3Hustle website.
Relevant privacy laws
3x3Hustle is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’) set out in that Act. The APPs establish minimum standards for the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. They apply to personal information in any form, including electronic and digital form. The APPs can be accessed at the website of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner, www.privacy.gov.au.
3x3Hustle is also subject to other laws relating to the protection of personal information. 3x3Hustle’s direct marketing activities must also comply with the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Spam Act 2010 (Cth).
- ‘Privacy Law’ refers to any legislative or other legal requirement that applies to NBL’s collection, use, disclosure or handling of personal information.
- ‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not. Personal information includes sensitive information.
- ‘Sensitive information’ means personal information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or memberships, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, professional or trade association/union memberships, sexual preferences and practices or criminal record.
Why do we collect personal information?
We use personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless you have provided your consent for us to use it for another purpose or otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
If it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, we may collect sensitive information (which is a type of personal information) such as your medical history, nationality or disability backgrounds.
Sensitive information is afforded a higher level of privacy protection than other personal information. We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information).
What kind of personal information does NBL collect?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and the nature of your dealings with us, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, participating provider, contractor, supplier, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity. We collect or hold personal information about individuals who:
· register for a Bounce Pass account;
· become members of 3x3Hustle;
· subscribe to any publication of 3x3Hustle;
· provide details to 3x3Hustle in an application, consent form, competition, survey, feedback form or incident report;
· enter personal information into, or agree to having your personal information entered into 3x3Hustle’s online systems;
· access the 3x3Hustle website;
· contact 3x3Hustle via email, telephone or mail or engage with 3x3Hustle via social media;
· participate in any program, activity, competition or event run by 3x3Hustle;
· enter into any trade promotions, competitions or other offers with the NBL or 3x3Hustle or its partners or sponsors;
· purchase tickets to a 3x3Hustle event or match from 3x3Hustle or an authorised agent; or
· purchase merchandise, products or services from 3x3Hustle or an authorised agent or licensee; or
If you are under 18, you should only provide personal information to 3x3Hustle with the consent of a parent or legal guardian and only use Bounce Pass with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
3x3Hustle also collects personal information about the individuals who are involved in providing 3x3Hustle products and services. This includes:
· staff, the 3x3Hustle and associated clubs or teams; and
· service providers and suppliers, agents and affiliates, and their staff.
If you do not provide some or all of the information that we request from you, this may affect 3x3Hustle’s ability to communicate with you or provide the requested products or services or apply for employment or volunteer positions with 3x3Hustle. If it is impracticable for 3x3Hustle to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, 3x3Hustle may refuse to do so.
Collection from third parties
3x3Hustle may collect personal information regarding a child from the parent or other responsible person associated with that child.
In some circumstances, 3x3Hustle collects information from other third parties. Examples of such third parties could include, without limitation, the Australian Institute of Sport, the Australian Olympic Committee, the Australian Commonwealth Games Committee, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, non-affiliated basketball and other sporting organisations, or government and law enforcement bodies. Our third party service providers may also collect anonymous usage data on the terms of their privacy policies. This anonymous usage data may be used to identify your device on third party digital services where we have an arrangement in place to serve ads on those third party digital services. We may also collect anonymous usage data from third party digital services.
Information storage and protection
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information (and your anonymous usage data) and to keep it secure from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, interference or other misuse and we have appropriate controls in place to limit who can view, access and/or use your personal information and anonymous usage data. NBL uses includes strict confidentiality requirements of our employees, volunteers, service providers, security measures for system access and security measures for our website.
Much of the information we collect is added to one of our databases. When your information is entered into our membership database, the information may be combined or linked with other information held about you.
What information will we give you when it collects personal information?
We are required by the Privacy Laws to take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of certain information when it collects personal information about you. For example, we are required to:
· tell you which NBL entity you are dealing with and how to contact it;
· make sure you are aware that we have collected the information (if we collect it from a third party without your knowledge);
· identify any law that authorises or requires collection of the information;
· let you know the purposes for which we collect the information, the entities that the information is likely to be disclosed to and whether the information will be transferred outside Australia; and
How does 3x3Hustle use and disclose personal information?
· carry out our functions, and conduct our day-to-day business activities, including to provide you with requested products and services, news, special offers and other information that you requested;
· verify your identity;
· contact and communicate with you;
· promote and market products and services of the NBL or our partners that we consider you may be interested in;
· making our digital services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, allowing you to access protected parts of our digital platforms and/or allowing you to comment on content displayed on our digital services;
· complete background checks;
· research, develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to basketball or other sports;
· research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us and third parties, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
· respond to emergency situations involving or requiring medical treatment;
· conduct business process functions and other administrative functions for the operation of our digital services and/or our business;
· administer, manage and provide you with access to 3x3Hustle Website;
· keep you informed of news and information relating to various 3×3 Hustle and NBL events, activities and opportunities via various mediums;
· make employment decisions and manage our staff; and
· using personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any applicable law (including the Privacy Act).
3x3Hustle may also use health information to ensure that programs we operate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs participants may require. Health information may also be kept for insurance purposes. In addition, we may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government, or to plan events and activities.
3x3Hustle uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
3x3Hustle may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
· our payment facilitators;
· NBL Clubs, NBL1, NBL1 Clubs and basketball state associations and other sporting programs in Australia;
· companies we engage to carry out functions and activities on 3x3Hustle’s behalf, including direct marketing;
· our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
· our insurers;
· relevant third parties;
· our partners and sponsors;
· 3x3Hustle’s and NBL’s associates, related bodies corporate, related entities and subsidiaries including but not limited to Dream Courts Pty Ltd;
· relevant sporting bodies; and
· in other circumstances permitted by law.
In some circumstances personal information may also be disclosed outside of Australia. In such circumstances, the NBL will use our best endeavours to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will use non-sensitive personal information to provide better services and for marketing purposes. This may include disclosure of such information to service providers for these purposes.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail, SMS or posted offers from 3x3Hustle you may advise us at any time by contacting 3x3Hustle via the contact details set out in this policy.
In addition, 3x3Hustle may also disclose personal information:
· with your express or implied consent;
· when required or authorised by law;
· to an enforcement body when reasonably necessary; or
· to lessen or prevent a threat to an individual or public health or safety.
Is personal information disclosed outside Australia?
3x3Hustle discloses some personal information to persons or organisations that are outside Australia. This includes:
· 3x3Hustle’s customer service and marketing call centre operations are based in Manila, Philippines. Personal information about prospective, current and past fans, members and customers is accessed by our Manila based staff for the purpose of sales and marketing, customer service, correspondence, and other support activities.
· Database and webhosting services provided to 3x3Hustle involve personal information being transferred to IT service providers based in India, Philippines, Singapore, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America.
· International sporting organisations where teams progress to national tours, tournaments or training camps abroad.
· For the purpose of hosting 3x3Hustle international challenges, including in Singapore.
In such circumstances, we will use our best endeavours to ensure such parties are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are suitably similar to the APPs.
Our 3x3Hustle Pass membership subscriptions and e-commerce platform are facilitated by Stripe Payment (‘Stripe’) When subscribing with us, your data is stored through Stripe’s data storage, and databases.
Website tracking and cookies
When you visit the 3x3Hustle website, our systems may record certain information about your use of the site, including the web pages visited and the time and date of the visit as well as the IP address visited from. 3x3Hustle uses this information to help analyse and improve the performance of the 3x3Hustle website.
Websites linked to the 3x3Hustle website are not subject to 3x3Hustle’s privacy standards, policies or procedures. 3x3Hustle cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third-party website.
How does 3x3Hustle protect your personal information?
We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information and of ensuring that it is complete, accurate, up-to-date and relevant. NBL will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
Our staff are trained to properly handle the different types of information they receive, particularly sensitive information. We have quality assurance measures in place to monitor calls to ensure that our processes are being followed. While some of the personal information we collect is held in hardcopy form, most personal information is stored in electronic databases. We have extensive processes in place to ensure that our information systems and files are kept secure from unauthorised access and interference.
Access to and correction of your personal information
3x3Hustle will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us.
We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal information. If you would like to access the personal information that we hold about you, please let us know by making a request via the contact details set out below. We will respond to your request for access within a reasonable period. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be made to the 3x3Hustle in one of the following ways:
· By telephone on +61 3 8391 6099
· Write to 3x3Hustle Level 6, 10 Queens Road Melbourne VIC 3004
· By email to email@example.com
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period and try to resolve your complaint for you. If we are unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner via its enquiries line 1300 363 992 or website http://www.oaic.gov.au/ to lodge a complaint.
For further information on 3x3Hustle’s management of personal information, please contact 3x3Hustle.
Updated 31 May 2023